We are a loose alliance of campaign and advocacy organisations with interest in this bill and represent many sections of society. This includes voices from health, human rights, environment, consumer and workers’ rights, equality, democracy, transparency, food, farming, trade and education. It also includes voices from Wales, Scotland Northern Ireland and all parts of the UK.
We want to make sure that civil society organisations understand the process and what is entailed as we leave the EU and are able to best advocate and articulate their interests as the Repeal Bill makes its way through parliament.
This is an opportunity to restore public confidence in our political institutions and in particular demonstrate that Westminster and Whitehall are responsive to the public they serve. This is an opportunity for our MPs to take back control, keep the Executive in check, and ensure the principle of parliamentary democracy is respected.
- We have developed working groups to look at the process and timings of the Repeal Bill as well as looking at the specific policy areas.
- We will endeavour to keep everyone informed of developments and likely impacts on different sectors as the Bill progresses.
- We will play an active role in helping to shape and influence outcomes
The alliance's work is made possible by the generous support of:
- Barrow Cadbury Fund
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
- Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust Limited
- Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales
- Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- The Legal Education Foundation
- The Waterloo Foundation
Unlock Democracy is co-ordinating the work of the alliance and hosting the post of the Repeal Bill Coordinator